German Shepherds Forum banner

Any good yet inexpensive vacuum options?

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  e.rigby 
#1 ·
The new house we are moving into on Friday has carpet upstairs and in the basement (hardwood and tile elsewhere), so I need to upgrade my vacuum. I was wondering if anyone knew of any less expensive vacuums that still work good with carpet + dog hair. I need to buy one in the next 3 days, so hoping someone has a recommendation for me.

I did a search on the site and everyone recommends dyson and my parents use it and are happy with it, so if I can't find something decent for less, I'll be buying the dyson animal. Couldn't find any threads specifically geared towards cheaper options... we are buying a bunch of new furniture so I am trying to budget.

So, any suggestions? I have a lot of space to vacuum now and two GSDs, so I need something good. Thanks guys! Very much appreciated!

#4 ·
We are considering a Bissell too!

A few friends use and recommended the Eureka AirSpeed Bagless - anyone else use this one? It is in stock at the Walmart near my apartment.

#7 ·
I've had a hoover and a bissel. They did not have the suction power the shark has. They also got clogged with fur all the time. I have not had any problems with the shark so far.

#8 ·
Hoover® WindTunnel® 3 Pro Pet Bagless Upright

Very happy with this vacuum.

If you pay attention to ratings, the ratings are low; I haven't experienced any of the problems listed.

I will add though, that instead of washing the filter every 3 months as suggested, I have to about every 6 weeks if that long. With 2 dogs, their hair and the dust they track in, I am actually surprised it goes that long before washing lol. Yep, Woolf lets me vacuum him with it as well (even though instructions say not to ;) )

Got it for about $150 at Walmart.

#10 ·
I've had this vacuum for almost three years and there isn't anything this vacuum won't suck up off of the carpeting or hardwood floor.

I think it's one of the best kept secrets of the pet hair world. I don't think it would still be around if it wasn't any good.

Eureka AirSpeed Bagless Upright Vacuum, AS1000A

Comes with attachments and has a lot of features. Keep it away from anything you don't want sucked up.

Eureka AirSpeed Bagless Upright Vacuum, AS1000A - Walmart.com

#12 ·
I've had this vacuum for almost three years and there isn't anything this vacuum won't suck up off of the carpeting or hardwood floor.

I think it's one of the best kept secrets of the pet hair world. I don't think it would still be around if it wasn't any good.

Eureka AirSpeed Bagless Upright Vacuum, AS1000A

Comes with attachments and has a lot of features. Keep it away from anything you don't want sucked up.

Eureka AirSpeed Bagless Upright Vacuum, AS1000A - Walmart.com
I'm really tempted to go with this one... several of my friends have recommended it and now a couple of you here are, as well!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.