German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Well established and known examples of risks associated with byb (back yard breeders)
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 12:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
sehrgutcsg

Send a message via Yahoo to sehrgutcsg
Default Well established and known examples of risks associated with byb (back yard breeders)

Well established and known examples of risks associated with byb (back yard breeders)

Since, I do not know all the associated and the established risks, I'm asking in a polite manner. Health, temperament, veterinary associated unexpected costs, basic liabilities and the percentage likelihood of getting a good solid animal as a pet, not meant for breeding would be the first questions.. I would like examples of..

Yes, I have $2000.00 + dollars to have invested in what I would have considered a near perfect animal. I also have the resources to care, feed, & train this animal for the entire life expectancy.

I think my problem with the 'bold face gsd community' is not a putdown. It comes from my upbringing, specifically from my father who instilled in me certain parameters of life, how to enjoy it, getting the most bang (happiness) from it and always' to stand on my own principles and never waiver. He died when I was 14 so he had to cram 50 years into less that 15 to make his mark.

In the 60s when I was young all there were is byb's in my community. I do remember the gsd's in my neighborhood. They most likely were flatter toplines, large heads a few sables and a few black and tans about 75 pounds, most were males. American bread shepherd's. I never saw a sloped topline in my teens.

I am going to include a video and I already know most member's here have already seen it.. They don't like it, but I will use this video to show American and German champions German Shepherd's from the 1940s to present, for those who don't know the evolution of the breed. It is not meant to create dissension, it is meant to be informative. I do not necessarily agree with everything the author of the video is implying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc-UsM-tivU

Sorry, if this is offensive to some...

Questions:

What percentage of top bloodlines are show champions ?
What percentage of top bloodlines are plush or coats ?
What percentage of top bloodlines are well balanced temperaments ?
What percentage of top bloodlines are at risk from attacks on family member's young & old as well as guests of the home who are not associated with the pack structure of the animal ?

Sehrgutcsg
sehrgutcsg is offline   Reply With Quote