German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Unleashed dogs
Thread: Unleashed dogs
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 02:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
pyratemom
Elite Member

Been there - done that - got the tee shirt! I hate off leash dogs that are out of control, and especially when their owners have no idea that their dog is the problem and they (the owner) are the problem, not my leashed dog. I have run into so many people that are either just plain stupid or have no care about others. One lady walks her terrier without a leash (she carries the leash - big deal) and it runs into yards and into the street and she just wanders along in a fog. One day I came around the corner of a building and saw her walking carrying her leash. I shouted out "where is your dog" and she just looked puzzled and motioned to somewhere behind her. I immediately turned around and got behind a gate and closed it just seconds before her unleashed dog ran into my dogs mouth. I had warned her before there is a leash law not only to protect people from bad dogs but to protect her dog from getting hit, getting bit, or whatever but she doesn't get it. She is such a space cadet she sees nothing wrong. Yesterday she came running toward me on the road with her dog, on leash for a change, but she was running directly toward me. I yelled to her to walk please while passing by but she just said "oh its just the dog not me." What does that even mean? I've been working on LAT with Raina for quite some time and most of the time it works, just when I run into weirdos like her that don't understand my dog does not want your dog in her face. Okay, rant over. Sorry to carry on.

Snake Vom Eselspfad RN CGC (AKA Raina) 3/5/08
Pyrate CGC 4/1/03-5/16/12 RIP

Too many to list waiting at the bridge but remembering them all
pyratemom is offline   Reply With Quote