German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - One step closer!!!! (Habitat update)
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 09:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
GSDolch
Crowned Member

Send a message via MSN to GSDolch
Default One step closer!!!! (Habitat update)

We had out meeting yesterday and we know where we are going to be building our house! It is going to be upfront in the subdivision instead of the back, but I am OK with that. They have to start building up the hill in the back, we would have no yard and it wouldn't be level. Up front its level and we are going to have a decent size back yard that I will be able to fence in.

We got to pick the siding color, a dark olive green type (I can't remember the actual name of the color, but its a dark green, very pretty I think) and our roof is going to be black with lighter speckles in it. I could have picked door colors but I couldn't decide, lol. That can wait until later though. They also showed us the samples for flooring....thank gods they said when it comes time to pick we can take the samples home for a few days. There's a lot to choose from and it's gonna take time to decide.

All we have to do is wait for the contractor people to measure and do the numbers on the lot so they can flag off where to start building. We are hoping within the the month to start.

I am hoping that we can stick to the four bedroom plan, but we are going to have to wait and see. Some of their policy changed and unless Isaacs (my 13yr old with Aspergers) therapist thinks that having the extra bedroom for his emotional/mental/physical well being is needed, policy says for our family size it'll be a three bedroom. We have a session next week with the therapist anyways so we'll see how it goes.

We'll work with which ever way it goes.

They took pictures but haven't put them up yet. When they do I'll pass them a long