German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Euthanizing too soon or too late?
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 06:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
JakodaCD OA

I've had to put down a few dogs/couple of cats as seniors. I just 'knew', don't know how I knew but I knew.

My latest one was a month ago, my 13 yr old aussie, healthy as a horse, stopped eating, diagnosis, mass/enlarged heart. I got him eating, his breathing was getting worse and worse, he stopped eating, I knew I had to let him go It kills me that he walked right into that clinic with his butt wiggling and a smile on his face, as sick as he was

Now I have my 5yr old gsd, in great shape, and my 14 yr old aussie I thought I was going to have to do it again a couple weeks ago, (urinary issue), she's fine now, she is still active, eating like a pig, tho obviously has arthritis and some doggie alzheimers. This is the first time since 1991 I've had only two dogs

I always have questioned whether I was putting any of my animals down to soon, what if I gave them one more day or a week? As time passes, I know I did it when I should have done it, tho I'd give anything for that extra day or week

Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
Tranquillo's Kizzy
Jakoda's Kholee
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
"Angel" Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge
JakodaCD OA is offline   Reply With Quote