German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Allergy or something else?
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 09:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
DereknWinnieTheWGS

Default Allergy or something else?

My WGS Winnie started showing signs of skin irritation about a month ago and I'm starting to feel like my vet is just ensuring future vet visits and not truly addressing the problem. The irritation first started around her eye lid and we originally thought it was swollen, but we have caught her scratching the suspect areas so we now believe its hair loss. The vet said that he didnt think it was mites and gave her a shot of Dexamethasone for inflammation to the original area.

A few weeks later the problem moved to different locations so we took her back. Her eye wasnt any better and a new spot started to form on top of her head and we noticed some nipping at her legs. This time he prescribed Temaril-P, Cephalexin and Ketochlor shampoo. Unfortunately the problem is spreading to more of her head and I'm getting very concerned.

If anyone out there has any suggestions It would be greatly appreciated by myself and especially my WGS Winnie!

Other Info:
Winnie was 4 months when the problem started.

Food was IAMS Proactive Smart Puppy

Switched to Purina Puppy Chow for Large Breads a week after the issue began
Attached Thumbnails
Allergy or something else?-img_20140223_090256_126.jpg   Allergy or something else?-img_20140223_090248_765.jpg   Allergy or something else?-img_20140223_090302_460.jpg   Allergy or something else?-img_20140223_090334_632.jpg  
DereknWinnieTheWGS is offline   Reply With Quote