German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Defiant dog
Thread: Defiant dog
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2014, 07:48 AM
NancyJ
Zombie Queen Moderator

She is not being defiant. She sounds like a delightfully wild puppy.

I am just responding so this will show up in my tracked threads. No time to respond in depth right now but I am certain you can get the help you need here. You do need a trainer used to working with these kind of dogs. You probably are in over your head but a good trainer will throw you a lifeline.

I will say at this age and size you may need a prong for control but her training needs to be done at a distance from other dogs where she is not so distracted and then ease her into distracting situations..winter has probably put a major kink into that. One on one may be best for you right now then work towards bringing her into a class. Can you play fetch out in the snow? Two miles of walking and ball in the house is probably not enough exercise. I never play ball in the house or anything wild because to me inside=calm and they don't understand if they play inside why they can't be that way all the time.

Nancy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Air Scent Dog in Training
Waiting at the Bridge: Grim (NAPWDA), Cyra, Toby, Oscar, Linus, Rainbow, Arlo, & Waggles

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome