German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - "Hiking with my pup"
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 10:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
NSweet

Default "Hiking with my pup"

So this weekend, I am planning on taking a nice trip to a local park OP Schnabel to do some "hiking". The reason i keep quoting hiking is because it's more of trails and I guess some hills would make it hiking but I don't know! Haha. But anyways I'm really excited but I want to be safe. This is my first time hiking with her and I just don't want to over work her or not get her enough exercise ya know? She is 6 months old and very energetic all the time (I walked her 2 miles yesterday morning and 2 miles last night and she is still a landshark!). I recently bought her a backpack that I put four tiny cans of evaporated milk to add a little weight when she walks, but I don't use it all the time because like I said, I don't want to overwork her. I was wondering how much should I expect to get out of my dog? A Hike for 3 hours? Or a much shorter hike? And if it is safe to use that backpack to help tire her out a bit more. Thanks! Oh and here are a few pics!
Attached Thumbnails
"Hiking with my pup"-20140218_181443.jpg   "Hiking with my pup"-20140218_181517.jpg   "Hiking with my pup"-20140218_181534.jpg  
NSweet is offline   Reply With Quote