German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Is my 12 week old a Blanket or a Bi-color?
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 06:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
DaniFani
Elite Member

Not sure, looks like my previous GSD did, and he was a saddle back (yours has richer pigment). Here's a few pics of my current GSD. He's a bicolor. He had some white hairs on his chest and neck when he was really little, but those are almost all gone now. He doesn't seem to change much compared to my black/tan saddle back, who quickly lost more and more black as he aged. There are some around here that are really good at predicting what a pup will look like, I think the best gauge is to look at mom and dad, though. What were their colors?
Attached Thumbnails
Is my 12 week old a Blanket or a Bi-color?-yo-hike.jpg   Is my 12 week old a Blanket or a Bi-color?-yo-sitz.jpg   Is my 12 week old a Blanket or a Bi-color?-yo-bone.jpg   Is my 12 week old a Blanket or a Bi-color?-yo-slide.jpg   Is my 12 week old a Blanket or a Bi-color?-yo-stands.jpg  

"An excess of size is an unserviceable feature for breeding, his powers of endurance, his speed and the smartness of his movements suffer in all circumstances. Giants are never nimble."-Creator of GSD

Last edited by DaniFani; 02-18-2014 at 06:11 PM.
DaniFani is offline   Reply With Quote