German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - REputable???
Thread: REputable???
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 04:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
G&Arabella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauri & The Gang View Post
If someone allows - by choice or through inaction - a bitch to become pregnant they ARE a breeder.

So you have a to make a choice - do you want to be a RESPONSIBLE breeder (do the health tests to confirm that your bitch is healthy, have her evaluated to confirm that she is breed worthy, study her to find her faults and then study the males to find the one that will compliment her faults but not bring any others, check out potential puppy buyers and be ready to take back ANY of the puppies - at ANY age - if their owners cannot keep them) or an IRRESPONSIBLE breeder (pick any male, throw them together, have puppies and sell them to whomever).
I may have worded that wrong, I am not looking to become a full time breeder and let Bell have more than one litter and repeat the process gain and again with her pups. I do plan on having her tested when she is a little bit older before I do allow her to have a litter. I do not want to just pick up a male and let them have at each other. That isn't fair to the dogs and it doesn't sit well with me. That is as bad as saying "I want a kid, so I'll go get some random woman pregnant and claim the child."

I want to find a good quality male and do want to keep him.
G&Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote