Originally Posted by nicky
I thought I hit the jackpot when the butcher saved me 2 BIG bags of salmon (frozen). I have never fed her salmon before, just the oil.
I read that dogs and coyotes are the only animals that are susceptible to salmon poisoning?
Does anyone feed salmon and if so, it has to be cooked? I have all parts of it, including the heads.
Someone told me about the poisoning a while back, I give my dog and my patents give there dog salmon, all the time. Ours is always frozen salmon caught in Lake Michigan. I believe the poisoning is limited to the somewhere like the Pacific Northwest. I'm not sure. I did some research on it at the time and from what I could tell it all depends on where the fish is from
Also, I only give the fillets with the skin.