German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Thinking about a rescue this year but hesitant...
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 12:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
LaRen616
Crowned Member

I think you might have a problem getting approved because your male is intact and you don't have a fenced in yard.

My "other mother" has a lot of experience with Dobermans, she has owned several and her daughter has 2 of her own. She is an excellent owner, she spent thousands of dollars on Vet bills and acupuncture treatments when her female got Wobblers, she trains her dogs and dog sits for others. When she applied for a Doberman through our local Doberman Rescue she was denied because she has an invisible fence. It didn't matter that her dogs have been trained to not leave the yard regardless of the fence, it didn't matter how much knowledge she had with the breed and it didn't matter that she would make an excellent home for one of their dogs, they told her to call them back when she got a proper fence.

You can try to rescue but I think you have a better chance with a older puppy from a breeder or a retired show/working dog from a breeder.

Sinister ~ black GSD 3.11.09
Draven ~ Dalmatian 6.30.13
LaRen616 is offline   Reply With Quote