German Shepherds Forum banner

Smokey- 11 months old-severity????

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Msmaria 
#1 · (Edited)
Smokey is German shepherd/black lab mix who is almost 11 month old. He just had x-rays and these are the results. I was not sure what the severity of his diagnosis was or what we could do to stop more severe hip dysplasia. They are saying that if the hips get worse, he will need surgery at 2 years old (my poor baby:(). Any suggestions on how to help Smokey from becoming worse please let me know... as well as how severe the HD is. Thanks!!
This is just the extended pelvis x-ray, let me know also if you need the right view of the pelvis/hips!

#2 · (Edited)
Smokey is German shepherd/black lab mix who is almost 11 month old. He just had x-rays and these are the results. I was not sure what the severity of his diagnosis was or what we could do to stop more severe hip dysplasia. They are saying that if the hips get worse, he will need surgery at 2 years old (my poor baby:(). Any suggestions on how to help Smokey from becoming worse please let me know... as well as how severe the HD is. Thanks!!
This is just the extended pelvis x-ray, let me know also if you need the side view of the pelvis/hips!

Attachments

#4 ·
I dont know anything about reading xrays. Hope others can help. My dog has unilateral hip dysplasia and one of his hips looks like your dogs below. We are currently giving him glucosamine, fish oil and Adequan.

#5 ·
They look pretty bad but I am not an expert. Totally out of the socket though. I would ask the vet to send you to a canine physical therapist to help you come up with diet suggestions, range of motion, and an appropriate exercise plan tailored to your dog.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.