German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - My male GSD is 39.2 kg and under weight 20 months old
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 02:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
muso

Default My male GSD is 39.2 kg and under weight 20 months old

I took my dog to the vet to weigh him because I noticed I could see his ribs when he is running. He weighed in at 39.2 kg down from 41.1 kg a couple of months ago, could only see the last rib when he was 41.1 kg.

He is wormed (of course) and has about 600 grams of dry food (Supercoat) in the morning and about 800 grams of fresh beef or chicken wings or necks (usually a mix) I don't feed him much tinned food at all.

We have been exercising him more so I think I will bump his food quantity up to perhaps the usual 600 grams of dry food but increase to 1 kg of fresh meat.

I've attached some photos of him taken today. In the first photo he was stretching....it's not an exaggerated croup. I think he looks a bit under weight at present, he is 20 months old and has lost a lot of his black on his back....****
Attached Thumbnails
My male GSD is 39.2 kg and under weight 20 months old-buster-39-kg-1-.jpg   My male GSD is 39.2 kg and under weight 20 months old-buster-39-kg-2-.jpg   My male GSD is 39.2 kg and under weight 20 months old-buster-39-kg-3-.jpg  
muso is offline   Reply With Quote