German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Opossum
Thread: Opossum
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 12:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cheyanna
Knighted Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Cheyanna
Default Opossum

Jumped out of shower to Fiona and Gilda barking like nuts. Opossum like to run across the back fence. I hear my mom yelling in the backyard. So I grab a towel and a robe. Dumb opossum is on the ground hiding behind the rose bushes. I tell my mom keep the dogs to the right and I try and drive it to the left. Gilda runs in there and grabs the opossum with her teeth and runs to the dark corner. Fiona joins her and it gets quiet. Gilda comes out of the dark corner behind Fiona's kennel. No Fiona. So I call her. She comes trotting out of the dark with the opossum in her mouth. I run screaming.

My mom gets the shovel and thinking it is dead, going to put it in the dumpster. Dogs won't let her. So I tiptoe outside ready to run screaming again and hand her a trash can to put over it. Fiona lays down beside it, guarding it. I try to keep the dogs away so mom can scoop. 10 minutes go by and an avocado falls from the tree. Dogs go after it. Perfect! "Mom scoop it up". " it is standing up!" I run screaming into the house again. Dogs scratch at garbage can and opossum is scratching to get out.

It is too much for me. I run in the house, close the blinds and turn up the tv. Gilda comes in the house and tries to give me a tongue bath ... With the same tongue that touched the opossum. I am having convulsions over the stupid opossum tongue of Gilda ... My mom is laughing so hard she cannot breathe.

Ok, so I am scared of opossum. They are ugly and gross. Now I need someone to get it out of the backyard, because it really is dead this time. Mom does not think it is a good idea to feed it to the dogs.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App