German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Rat poison, need help!
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 12:24 AM   #9 (permalink)
selzer
Crowned Member

The 24 hour clinic said they would run bloodwork and they would give vitamin K shot, they would induce vomiting, but they said I should go to the closer clinic.

The ER I went to did not induce vomiting, they did not run any bloodwork, they took her temperature 101.7, and they gave me oral vitamin K which they said to use up, keep her quiet for 3 weeks. And check with my vet to check to see how her blood is clotting in two weeks. Vitamin K should be given with a fatty meal -- she's out in the car with a naked cheeseburger laced with chewable vitamin K.

What actually happened?

Well, I went to take her mother somewhere and Karma scrambled over the 39 inch baby gate -- they are down a step so add about 6 inches to that, 45 inches. I was still in there, so I went and got the other baby gate and installed it above the 45 inch gate. So the bottom was about 47 inches from the ground on her side. I headed for the door and she opened the lower gate and reached the door before me.

I got her back in there, and tightened up the lower gate. And left.

I realized I forgot my cell phone, so about a mile down the road, I turned around and came back, and she was still in the area. Great! I defeated her. WRONG!!!!

3 hours later I came home, and from one end of my house to the other, there was evidence that someone was having the time of her life. She did not chew anything up, she just counter-surfed and found the rat poison. She pretty much spread it around. I have no idea how much she injested or exactly when. But I took what remained with me and they weighed a full packet -- I took the box too, and the partial and said 1 ounce was gone.

How do I keep her quiet for 3 weeks?!? This is the bitch whose toe I broke, and it didn't slow her down. She's not a spazz or anything but she moves, and she plays and she runs in and out. If I try to crate her for extended periods it will flip her out, and she will probably be even more active than if I just leave all as it was.
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote