German Shepherds Forum banner

Help!! (medical emergency for mice poison!)

2K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Airman1stclass 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
My wife and I are dog sitting for a friend. The dog just got into some mice poison. Not sure if he ate it. My wife is on hold with emergency center for 10 mins! Any advice please. WeWere not sure if ge ate it cause I screamed and he dropped some and they weren't broken

#3 ·
Force him to drink some hydrogen peroxide. Keep giving it to him until he throws up. Then go to the ER vet.

Nothing to mess with and he needs supportive care, activated charcoal and Vit K pills. Don't wait on hold. Load the dog up and go right now to the ER clinic.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#5 ·
Get to the vet

Mice Poison in Dogs | eHow

Ingesting lethal amounts of mouse poison does not produce symptoms in dogs right away. It takes a few days before the poison can inhibit blood clotting, causing profuse bleeding of the internal organs. Without immediate treatment, including a plasma transfusion, most dogs die...............

Read more: Mice Poison in Dogs | eHow

#10 ·
You can make him vomit right now, I did it many times with my previous dogs. Anything you need is salt, a little of water and large syringe. If you don't have a syringe do it manually, making clots of salt, pushing right down the throat and avoiding the tongue. Don't be afraid to put too much. Cut your nails in avoidance of scratching your dog's tender throat
How to Make a Dog Vomit - Yahoo Voices - voices.yahoo.com

#15 ·
If not much is ingested he should be ok for that hour. I read some rat poison the dog won't show symptoms for many days which is bad because when it does it may be too late. My dog ate it over night and I discovered the neon poop the next morning and it was too late to induce vomiting then but he made it. He showed no symptoms. This is a 10 lbs dog.

If he ingested any, I think the vet has a way to tell by measuring the K levels or something in his blood stream.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.