German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Few questions about my puppy - first time shepherd owner
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 06:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
SuperG
Elite Member

Great looking pup and good for you for saving her from an isolated garage.

Wish I had some solid advice...but I usually just shoot from the hip with questions like this....getting the once over by the vet sounds like a good idea and so does the class enrollment. I was always led to believe pups need to meet the world at a young age, experiencing what they will be dealing with on a daily basis for years to come and the key is to teach the dog to deal with the world with confidence. I also have this notion that a savvy confident guide/leader introducing the pup to the world is somewhat paramount. I'd bet your dog is going to really come to love you being her confident leader. I also know it's easy to screw up at times, since I did....but as I always like to say .." ever time I am wrong, I have an opportunity to become one bit smarter if I choose". There is a world of info out there which is available on your situation and it's great that it is there....a great example is this forum. I will assume some folks who have great understanding of this type of situation you describe will post and help you get started.

By the way your pup looks awesome,

SuperG
SuperG is offline   Reply With Quote