German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Questions about breeder
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 09:29 AM Thread Starter
I have spoke with the breeder a good bit through email and there are several reasons as to why I think it would be a good fit for me. I agree that the proximity should not be the first priority, but I do think that it will be nice to be close for help with training, which he offers. The timing of the puppy is not a concern for me either, as I'm prepared to wait if things don't go well when I visit next week. The price however, is a concern as I am not willing to pay over $1000. I do agree that the $3500 puppies seem to be way overpriced though. As far as the energy level goes, I am familiar with the amount of energy a german shepherd has, and I'm okay with that. I just prefer not to own one who has an endless amount of energy like some of the ones from working lines that I hear about. I would definitely like to have a health guarantee, but most of the ones I've seen for $1000 don't come with one. Choosing a breeder has a lot to do with a "gut feeling" and although everyone has made valid points, I still seem to be getting one from this breeder. I will know for sure next week when I visit the kennel. This "gut feeling" hasn't been easy for me to find, as I have made several calls and sent several emails to well respected breeders in the area and struggled to get responses from them.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome