German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Upset, let her down on the training front.
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 06:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Shade
Crowned Member

GSD's are not always easy dogs, but when you put the effort into training and working with them they become seriously amazing companions. Set rules and enforce them, look up NILIF to start and find and stick with a good trainer. Set up a schedule as well which include lots of physical and mental exercise and you'll find a much happier dog.

There's very rarely such a thing as too late to train. My first personal dog was a 8 year old cocker spaniel rescue who was going deaf, in a matter of weeks he was fully trained in sign language so I didn't have to rely on verbal commands. So don't despair and set limits which may not be true I personally have a WL dog with high drives and energy and I'm gone from 6 AM to 4:30 due to work but I make it work and commit my extra time to training and exercising, I find it fun and relaxing to spend time around them and on the days I leave in the evenings I simply spend as much time as possible before and after

My Pack:

Jasmine - Female Miniature Poodle - born Aug 15, 2010
Loker Delgado Von Stalworth - Male GSD - born Jan 26, 2012
Koda & Zazu - 5 year old male cats
Alex - Male Cocker Spaniel (rescue) - RIP Cuddlebug 2007-2010
Shade is offline   Reply With Quote