German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Newbie
Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 01:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
bnoland

Default Newbie

Hello to all,
My name is Blake and I am from Memphis, TN. I am a former police officer now, mostly, a stay at home dad. I do have a part time job but it is very part time. I spend most of my time with my daughter at St. Jude Childrens Research Hospital for her treatments for A.L.L. Luekemia. When I am not there for her I also serve on an advisory counsel to help improve patient care for the hospital.

We have alwags been a dog family. At one point having 3 dogs at once. We are down to one now. We down sized, give two of our 3 to family to prepare for our daughter. Shortly before she was diagmosed we were considering getting a puppy she could vall hers and work with so it would be more if her dog. Our pit/boxer mix loves her but we wanted a second one again and that seemed like a good excuse!

That brings us to current. While we werent actively seeking a dog we came across a deal we couldn't pass on. The daughter of a lady my mom grew up with just had pure bread Shepherds. We will be picking ours up on the 21st. I would like to get involved with Schutzhund. Not so much for the competition though it looks like a blast so that is what may end up happening. I am more interested in the high level of obedience and protective skills it would develop for him. We have decided he will be named Riddick and can't wait to meet him and welcome him to our family.
Attached Thumbnails
Newbie-20140208_100611.jpg   Newbie-20140207_141926.jpg   Newbie-20140207_142250.jpg   Newbie-20140207_142132.jpg  

Last edited by bnoland; 02-09-2014 at 01:48 PM.
bnoland is offline   Reply With Quote