German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - My first GSD
Thread: My first GSD
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 05:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
carrieincolorado

Default My first GSD

Hello everyone!

I guess this is also my first post here.

I have a wonderful and beautiful GS named Chevelle. She is now 4 months old, 40 pounds and is awesome and awful at the same time!

Teaching her to fetch took 2 minutes, teaching her to sit and lay down only took a couple tries... but the leash pulling and excessive biting and JUMPING are proving to be a problem... increasingly bad since my boyfriend started "making her submit" but rolling her over onto her back or holding her down when he came over. Worked as a short term fix for him but ended up that she became more aggressively wild with me and my 5 year old daughter. So today we went to a dog trainer who decided the best course of action was to keep Chevelle for a few days for some extensive work. She is an amazing trainer and I know she will help tremendously...

I sure miss the pup though! It's only been 2 hours and I have already emailed the trainer twice...... separation anxiety goes both ways and Chevelle might have it so bad because *I* have it. She goes to work with me (I clean houses and businesses) and she waits patiently in my car... so she has been with me or near me 24 hours a day for the last 6 weeks that I have had her.

Anyway, Hi everyone!
carrieincolorado is offline   Reply With Quote