German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Find a breeder not just based on bloodlines but character of the breeder as well.
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 03:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
carmspack
Crowned Member

???? Is there ever an opportunity to do right?
You got your full money back . Correct?
The person did hold on to the dog for an extra 3 months . That is the breeders, time, socialization, feeding , cleaning, shots , start training. Let's not forget treatment for the parvo. The dog is no longer the same dog .

Parvo -- sneaky stuff. I remember one litter , many years ago , that had been vaccinated against parvo , as all my dogs are . This was in the early days though when the vaccine wasn't totally perfected -- 8 to 9 days later , a pup that had already left and been in his new home came down with worrisome symptoms. Told them to go to a vet asap . Later in the day the contacted me and told me parvo was confirmed. I held on to the balance of the litter still with me and predictably they showed the same symptoms a day or two later. I did the same thing. People that were to pick up their dogs that weekend were contacted -- (I don't take deposits) . They were free to go anywhere else , or to receive their pup when we had gone through the process , healing.
Dogs that are taken care of don't have future problems . Breeders that went through parvo when it first emerged probably had more than one close and personal challenge with it .
Many breeders send dogs to Germany to title and koer in Schutzhund and in conformation .

I don't really see any wrong doing .

Carmspack