German Shepherds Forum banner

Bad Cuz

1K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  dogfaeries 
#1 ·
Russell is back home from his breeders house (she had to go out of town), and Carly is just now going out of heat. He's incredibly obnoxious right now (Sage pretty much can't stand him at the moment) so I'm having to rotate dogs. Girls out, Russ crated, girls crated, Russ out. It's wearing me out. Plus it's cold and snowy, and I'm just getting over the flu, so I'm not setting foot outside.

Russell found his Bad Cuz toy out in the snow this evening. He brought inside, and has been flinging it around the living room for about an hour. He's fallen off the couch twice wrestling with it. I'm surprised he hasn't maimed me with the darn thing.

Best toy ever.

#2 ·
He wore himself out. Thank goodness. Now we can all go to bed. ;)

#5 ·
Rant?

I have an intact boy that will be 12 months old in two weeks.
I have two intact girls that have gone into heat back to back.
The boy is going nuts because there is a bitch still in heat in the house.
I've been off work for 2 weeks with the flu.
It's cold and snowy and miserable, and I don't have the energy, or the inclination, to go freeze my butt off to play with him outside.
Hence the happiness of finding the Bad Cuz toy that wore him out.

That's my story.

#8 ·
LOL--Diane, I got the rant in your first post, I understand it perfectly! I have a rescue who was a former breeding girl, and a boy who was neutered, but not that long ago. Jade, the girl, is dog aggressive, and although we have a very large fenced yard, every neighbor who borders our fence has dogs. I was going to get her spayed this month, but--surprise, she's in heat 6 weeks early! In heat, Jade is like she has pms squared, and she goes out the back door stalking, got to see which one of those other dogs is out, and she obsesses about a golden/chow cross way at the back of our 1/2 acre--since Jade has been here she has been determined to take poor Sasha out.:eek: So until Spring when I can get another fence up to separate her from the back neighbors, I go with her every time she goes out, and she has to be on leash if Sasha is out. Along with all the dog drama, we have intense cold, wind chills way below zero, more snow every other day, and never enough exercise right now for 2 WL GSDs, who desparately need a job. For the past 3-4 years we have had unseasonably mild winters, so this one seems all the worse. Where is Spring???:cry:

#10 ·
I bet he was so happy to be home! Took it out on that bad bad Cuz!
Onyx loves her pink Cuz. It is the only toy that hasn't been buried in all the snow. She keeps track of it all the time.

#11 ·
We have a jollyball, but unfortunately Carly has declared it off limits to everyone. Even if she's not around, no one touches her jollyball! :D LOL, years ago I knew of a Dobe that was flinging his toy around a friend's bedroom. and broke the mirror on his dresser. Too funny!

We have had unseasonably snowy weather for Oklahoma. All these teeny snow storms have gotten on my last nerve! Add to the mix, Russell who is nutty over the girls, Carly who is all flirty still, and Sage who thinks he's obnoxious to begin with...

While I'm griping :rolleyes: the darn dog woke me up at 7:00 am, wailing like a banshee. It's Saturday, Russell!! He's outside right now (by himself). I just dug around in the freezer and found a frozen knuckle bone to keep him entertained in his crate while I go back to bed for a bit...

Thank goodness we don't have any dogs neighboring us. I don't think I could take fence fighting or whatever shenanigans I'd have to deal with!

#12 ·
And I am sooooo going to back to my local dog food store/boutique today and picking up more of those Rawsome bones. Everyone has to have crate time again today, so might as well make it fun!

#13 ·
As long as it doesn't upset his digestion! Then you'll have to deal with messy crate/wailing/flirting/messy crate!
My dogs were taking turns pacing all night...one would settle another would get up and patrol. Nail trims are on the agenda. Tired of hearing that click-clack on the floor.

#14 ·
Ah! He's had the bones before, so he should be fine. And, no kidding, on the toenails. Since I've been sick I haven't done nails. I can hear everyone click-clacking around too. Now if only I can remember where I put the dremel...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.