German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Thoughts on this breeding?
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 10:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
wolfstraum
Crowned Member

FRankly - it would terrify me....

1st thing to worry about is hips....the dam is from an NZ dam...and Boban is the sire of the sire....he produced very poorly for hips and elbows. The cross that produced Boban was done 3 times, and the SV would not allow the cross again. Hip production was very bad. Boban also was the object of a website and discussion forum in Germany for a few years. He failed his koerung because of temperament issues. He was not a pleasant dog and should never have been bred. He was sold to the States and reportedly unhandleable...then passed on a few times.....

He was GORGEOUS....for sure! But he should not have been used for breeding...

Anytime you have a litter that is 'high risk' - you will probably get a few pups that are fine....but you will also get a few that grow up to be - problematic.....and that is why I would pass on this cross....I don't like to gamble that well.

Lee
Csabre Sch1, Hexe Sch2, SG Bengal, Komet, Kira HGH & Kougar v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia BH ~ ATB Basha Sch3 IPO3, Danger Sch1 RH SAR ~ Kougar Sch3, Kyra Sch3, Cito Sch2, Alice Sch1, Kelsey CD, Ret ~ Fenja Sch3s

wolfstraum.net
wolfstraum is offline   Reply With Quote