German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Saying hello on a sad note
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 02:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Tattersail

Default Saying hello on a sad note

I've been a long time lurker for awhile here and seems I've only now gotten around to finally posting, so I'd like to say hello.

Unfortunately we had to put our boy down last week, his spleen ruptured and he had massive internal bleeding... Vet said she was almost certain it was cancer, we'd had 10 good years with him and so we chose to do the right thing and let him cross the bridge. Hardest decision I've ever had to make ( he was my dog, and although it was a family decision, the final verdict was to come from me).

It's only been a week, and we're still reeling from everything, but we as a family know already that we'll be getting another dog and we're thinking about a Shiloh Shepherd... I know this forum is for German Shepherds but I'm hoping to find some like minded people and hopefully some of you live nearby and would be willing to meet when we make the leap into new puppy owners once again.

Living with Shad was certainly an adventure, and he taught me so much about life, and especially about dogs. I learned a lot of what not to do, and we had quite a few hairy moments, but we made it through them all and he was everything I could have wished for, even with his tendency of disliking every other large dog that came his way .

Some pictures of our old man (He was a GSD x Border Collie)
Attached Thumbnails
Saying hello on a sad note-shad1.jpg   Saying hello on a sad note-shad2.jpg  
Tattersail is offline   Reply With Quote