German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Beginner puppy training class experience
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 07:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sp00ks
Master Member

Default Beginner puppy training class experience

Tonight was our 3rd of 4 classes in beginning puppy and socialization. Last week Dagr pretty much checked out about 3/4 the way through the class. He was done and having no more of it. He is by far the youngest, we got him in entirely too early on purpose. We weighed the risks and decided to do it.

He has seemed a little nervous/anxious in class. New smells, dog sounds, big dogs, the high pitched voice of the trainer he seems nervous about as well. We have been taking him to the facility outside of training and they let us use a training room so he gets used to the place etc.

Today was hectic. I almost called and canceled. My wife got home, jumped in my car and we were off. Dagr was in the crate today longer than I think he has ever been. I was sort of dreading the training tonight....

He resisted going in but he usually does. He did go in by himself with some coaxing. He absolutely rocked it tonight. We were so proud of him. The trainer was impressed as well. She brought in a Mal and a Beauceron as distractions and Dagr was on point. He did everything we had learned and then some.

We worked on healing quite a bit. I used the wall to keep him in position. The trainer asked me what I was doing then realised before I could answer. She said ok, I'll shut up now and leave you alone, you know what your doing.

Thanks for reading. I just had to brag on our little man a little. He has been a monster lately. I did not have high expectations tonight and he was great!!