German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Puppy Biting and Growling
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 06:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
andrew allen

Default Puppy Biting and Growling

Hello,

I have an issue with my 8 week old puppy German Shepard. He keeps biting me and my wife really hard and breaking through our skin. We got him from a pet store in Okinawa, Japan when he was 7 weeks so we only had him for a week. We tried the Yelp method and leaving the room and yet he still continues to bite really hard. I know the puppy is going through teething. Now we did try give him is toy instead of biting us hes plays with it but when he gets bored of it and sees me and my wife walk around hes goes right back on biting us.

We went to an obedience instructor to take a look at our puppy and he told us that it is a bad puppy because hes never seen and puppy with that much aggression. Mind this instructor been training for over 30 years and also on the judging panel for JKC agility competion here is his website ( ƒ댢 AWeB x@ PwZ@| Okinwa Dog Training School(hbOg[jOXN[) |) . The puppy tried to bite the instructor and he immediately pulled his ear to the ground to calm him down and the puppy continues to fight back and would growl. He told us to take the puppy back because the dog is way to aggressive and that when he gets older the dog would hurt me, my wife and my daughter.

I want to keep the dog and give him time but my wife is taking his word on taking the dog back to the pet store. Assistance with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
andrew allen is offline   Reply With Quote