German Shepherds Forum banner

Sunday hike in the mountains!

2K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  Carriesue 
#1 ·
We decided to go for a hike on Super Bowl Sunday because we were hoping the trails would be empty(and they were!) and well because also we don't have cable and neither of us really cares about football. ;) We hiked about 4 hours, saw a coyote and some wild turkey's... the latter being a big test on Ollie's recall! This place is located about an hour from San Diego... I apologize for lack of quality on some photos, I was playing around with a new lens I'm not familiar with yet plus I changed some settings then forgot to change them back(derp).

My favorite pic of the day - Ollie showing off his agility skillz. :D

Sunday Hike by Carriesue82, on Flickr

Leap frog - ur doin it wrong

One of the great views

I got stick wat u got

One thing about doing photography, he has a rock solid stay!

D'aww

Play time

He's so used to me making him pose on things, he climbed up this boulder all on his own with just me pointing at it. :D

Beautiful end to a great day!

Thanks for looking, hope you enjoyed!

See less See more
#4 ·
That would be so nice right now. Climbing hills and rocks instead of snow banks and frozen waterfalls. Looks like he likes to climb and jump like January does. Im still amazed with some of the jumps he pulls off. I always love seeing pics of your handsome guy. The kids are coming in now to see them.

#7 ·
He does love climbing but gave me quite a scare last time, the part of the trail where the view picture is from there is a sheer drop off, he climbed all the way to the edge of the boulder and looked down... Let's just say he's leashed during that section now, I about had a heart attack. :) I wouldn't mind a little snow for picture taking and then it can go away. ;)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#17 ·
San Diego is a beautiful city for sure, though probably a lot more built up and crowded since the last time you were there... I like to visit but glad I don't actually live there. :) And thank you, they do love going up there... its really the only time they can be offleash! I've got some video to upload as well of them playing, etc. :)

#26 ·
Yep :) Well we did the Sunset Trail, the Big Laguna trail and the old county road... Not sure how many miles total but maybe 7 or 8. It's definitely one of my favorite places to go, just wish it was closer it's about a 1 1/2 to 2 hour drive depending on traffic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.