German Shepherds Forum banner

Rocco

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Loneforce 
#1 · (Edited)
#3 ·
I'm from Pittsburgh, saw it on the news yesterday and I am saddened to hear that he didn't make it. :(

#4 ·
From Pittsburgh - yes...poor Rocco.....he passed this evening in spite of having been cared for by the best vets in the area....:rip: Rocco

Lee

#7 ·
Born and Raised in the Steel City...Very sad. I had the opportunity to be involved with a training where I got to briefly meet his handler, who is an amazing person. My heart goes out to him and every part of me wants to see the thing that did this rot somewhere.

The Mayor has said there will be full honors for Rocco; the biggest thing I love about PA and Pittsburgh in general is that it's such a dog friendly place.

There's a video on this page that shows him getting saluted on his way from the vet's office: Pittsburgh police dog Rocco dies - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

I cried my eyes out and hugged my dogs as hard as they'd let me. The bagpipes are rough to listen to.

RIP Rocco. There's a huge bite sleeve and bones waiting for you across the bridge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.