German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Not even safe in my house anymore...
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 06:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Sarah~
Master Member

Default Not even safe in my house anymore...

There are so many off leash dogs here, it's really ridiculous... Eko is DA and has to wear a muzzle outside we are in training to get him to ignore other dogs, he has made some progress but it is slow.

When I went to answer the door earlier today Eko came with me as usual, when I opened the door there was a woman there and a little pit mix who immediately charged into my house and into Eko's face. I'm shocked I reacted so quickly but I managed to grab the little dog's and Eko's collar, one in each hand and I yanked both dogs up off of their front feet on reflex just as Eko's jaws were snapping shut where the other dog's head was... I don't think I handled it the best way but I tossed the dog back through the door at the lady (the dog didn't get hurt I didn't do it hard just to get the dog out) and wrestled Eko back inside. He didn't bite me but his teeth scraped my knuckles and scratched me and drew blood a little bit.

The lady was screaming at me for throwing her dog, I was trying to figure out what she was even doing at my house in the first place and why the heck she just let her dog run in my house, I think she was on drugs or looking for some, she says she was looking for someone who apparently used to live in my house but I've lived there for a few years now so I don't know what she was thinking. The whole time we are arguing her dog is just running amuk in the neighborhood, I guess she just walks around with the dog off leash wherever she goes. I don't think she was in her right mind because after a while she calmed down and started asking me for like a soda or some food and if she could sleep on my couch. I said **** no get out of here before I call the cops, and she just walked off, didn't even call her dog just started walking and the dog was just running from one side of the street to the other following her.

A weird, scary experience, I feel bad for her dog, mostly I'm angry, though. I hope if Eko had hurt her dog and the cops showed up they would see she was totally in the wrong, but wouldn't they still have to report the bite? Would I have had to pay for the vet bills for the other dog? Sorry for the long read, just been stewing about this all day... The more I think about it the angrier I get.