German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Hello
Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 01:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
LoveDogs

Default Hello

Hello, I am a current GSD owner, unfortunately he will be going to rainbow bridge in a few days. He fractured a hip bone when he was a pup from a fall (long story involving both me and the puppy falling) and now that he's 14 his quality of life is going fast and I can no longer control his pain with food, medications, acupuncture, or anything else. With the medications his kidneys are starting to have issues, I just can't put him through anymore because I don't want to say goodbye. I can not even begin to express how hard this on me to have to do this. In my heart I know it's the right thing. My husband said that the best way to heal is to get another and focus on the new puppy. With that being said, he put a deposit on another GSD puppy. I'll have a few weeks to grieve the loss of my beloved Hunter.

It's been a long time since I owned a puppy and figured that in the past decade or so many things have changed. Food choices have especially changed. The choices are mind spinning.

As I try to keep my head up and choke back my tears as I write this, I want to re-educate myself on everything.
LoveDogs is offline   Reply With Quote