German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Puppy Stress
Thread: Puppy Stress
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 11:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Scout's Mama

I've got a toddler and a 5-mo GSD. It's neck and neck between which one is more of a challenge. In the moment it's easy to get overwhemed and frustrated, but it helps me to remember "this too shall pass." And the more consistency you have now, the easier it will be in the long-run.

When I remember Shadow's puppyhood, it's easy to remember the good times when she was laying calmly or playing gently - and easy to forget the times when she was wild. (Yes, I do mean wild. She got on top of the kitchen table one day, shattered a coffee cup because it was between her and a squirrel...) But at the end of the day, she grew into a calm, affectionate, obedient, beautiful family member. And remembering that gives me patience with Scout's... what's the word... puppyness?

There are also a lot of REALLY good advice-givers with a range of answers to specific questions, so stay in touch, post questions, and someone will have specific advice that will work for you and your pup.

Stay strong when it gets crazy , ask questions , keep a sense of humor and don't be afraid to ask for
Scout's Mama is offline   Reply With Quote