German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Taking a puppy to a horse show... advice?
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 05:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Serbrider

Default Taking a puppy to a horse show... advice?

OK... so I'll be picking up my puppy at 8 weeks old on February 27th or 28th (most likely the 27th).

She'll be getting checked up by a vet and getting her first round of shots the same day.

The problem is that the next day (that Saturday and possibly Sunday) I will be at a horse show. I could wait to pick her up until afterwards if I begged the "breeder" enough, but it would be nice to be able to bring her with me, since that is my eventual plan for her... BUT... I don't want any dangers with potential parvo or otherwise since she wouldn't have built up a strong enough immunity yet and I do want her to completely relax before traveling around with me and doing a lot of crazy things.

She would not be in a high activity area, her crate would be with us, and once she tires herself out she'd be put in her crate which would be in that low activity area.

It's a small show, for IHSA, not some huge crazy busy thing that will last a really long time, and it's only about 2 and a half hours away from home, and could just be something on Saturday, and I go home that night.

So... any advice? As I said, I'd love to bring her, but I don't want to jeopardize her health either.
Serbrider is offline   Reply With Quote