German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Why do people think feeding RAW is so expensive???
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 10:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Master Member

If you don't have a Costco or Cash'n Carry near you and there are no co-ops it can be pricey. Driving to pick up from a co-op would cost $20-40 in gas because I have a gas guzzler pickup (totally necessary for where I live). Aside from chicken and turkey quarters, I have been unable to find anything under $2/lb, despite calling butchers and game processors. I would love more ideas if anyone has any. Sometimes I can score freezer-burned meat from a coworker but that's not a sure thing. Feeding my dog 100% raw would cost roughly $90/mo if I was extremely frugal and fed mostly chicken, safeway pork sometimes. I can afford that because my situation is good but I can understand why people would not want to pay that much, not go driving all over **** and creation looking for dog food. It takes way more planning to feed my dog than it does myself.

Sent from Free App

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kaimeju is offline   Reply With Quote