I have a 13 week old female GSD. I've had her since 7 weeks old, and up until this past week, she had only ever had one accident in her crate. But now, she's had 3 really bad ones in a row, and I don't know what has changed.
- I take her water 2 hours before bed.
- She gets let outside immediately before getting in the crate, always.
- She's in there about 8 hours, same amount of time as it's been every night since we got her.
- Crate is right size, she doesn't have too much room.
- She doesn't have a bladder infection, according to vet.
It's always right in front of the door, too, where she generally lays that the huge pee puddle is found the last few mornings. This is NOT like her. I would think with age that she'd be able to hold it more, not less. Even at 7 weeks old she was keeping a dry kennel, with exception of a little excited pee when we'd open the door to get her out.