German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Is it wrong for me to want only a sable?
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 07:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Airman1stclass

Default Is it wrong for me to want only a sable?

So my wife and I are very much set on getting a sable. This doesn't mean we are willing to get just any old sable breeder we find. We are still looking carefully and trying to do the proper research. Finding the right breeder and who actually cares about the breed and isn't just trying to make a dollar. I would like to have my future dog very obedient. I live in a neighborhood where kids and dogs are always on the sidewalks or in the streets and can't take the chance with having an uncontrollable dog. I would also like to have the dog trained in personal protection. I am married and when I'm gone on a deployment, I want my wife to feel safe and secure. My wife and I are both very committed to doing what we need to so that we can expect certain things from our dog. I am in the military and work about 17 days a month (very lucky for panama shifts) and have every other weekend off and it's a 3 day weekend. So I have plenty of time to bring this future pup to classes and train when we are home. So back on topic, is it wrong for me to want only a sable? I know most sables are working dogs. So in a way that's a good thing. Any advice would be appreciated.
Airman1stclass is offline   Reply With Quote