German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Board and Train Vent not general info moved
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 04:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
VTGirlT
Master Member

Default Board and Train Vent not general info moved

So as most of you know, my hands are quite full with my girl Zelda. (in a good way mostly!)

Management is key for the most part with a lot of her things for now.. However, I do wish to improve some of her behavioral problems at a better rate than they are.

My sister said that her friend suggests i do a board and train. And my sister suggested it before and is again pushing the debate of how it would be good for her, because it will "rewire her brain."

I did think about, i researched it, i searched board/train people near me. And contacted two of them, their answers to my questions were less than perfect.. I simply do not feel comfortable with sending her off somewhere, even if i met the person before hand, for 2-4 weeks. How would i know she is being treated well? What training style are they actually going to use? I want to be the one to work with her through things and if i have to bring someone in to help ME (because i know im just incompetent when it comes to training) than that is what it shall be. If i'm going to spend $2000-$4000 on a board/train, i could be spending that money on a trainer to come to my house for weeks! "rewire her brain" sounds a bit sketchy and also it sounds like an easy fix. I dont think any of her behavioral problems are going to be an easy fix.

Now, i did think when i was researching board and train. How maybe it would help her get on the right start to being with someone who has been training dogs for years and knows what they are doing.. And i thought, maybe im being selfish and worrying too much about lettings someone "rewire her brain" for me under 2-4 weeks.

So my end results of this fusing, is that i do not plan on doing a board and train. Because i think the only part of me that wants to do that, is the part of me that wants an "easy fix." And my logical part knows there is none, i just need to work with her more and would be better with a trainer.

Anyways, I'm interested in what you guys think of board and train. I'm quite open to any opinion. If your for or against it or maybe have no opinion. Thanks.
VTGirlT is offline   Reply With Quote