German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - First time!
Thread: First time!
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 08:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
cherylden

Smile First time!

Hi, i'm Cheryl. I am considering getting a GSD puppy and plan to get proper training and maybe personal protection training. There are some concerns that I have and I am going to look through this forum for some answers, but I'd appreciate it if anyone wants to chip in and answer some questions here!

- I will have to bring the dog back to southeast asia where I live in a couple of years or so. We have 2 live in helpers who would spend a lot of time with the dog during the day.

- Would it be a problem if I travel for work every once in a while for 1 or 2 weeks and leave the dog at home.

Specifically relating to protection training, I don't understand how the dog will understand between guest and intruders? I might have visitors visiting my place even when i'm home, so I am a bit concerned.

Note that I am trying to be a responsible owner, and I might not even get one if my living arrangement as I stated above is not suitable for a GSD. So I am looking for some opinions out there that could help me.

Thanks!
cherylden is offline   Reply With Quote