German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Dogs loose!
Thread: Dogs loose!
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 05:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
HarleyTheGSD
Elite Member

Default Dogs loose!

I am being completely serious when I say this: Every single time I take my dogs for a walk, at LEAST one dog seems to be loose and approaches us. Literally, every time! Usually there are about three dogs. Two days ago, I decided the weather was nice enough to take Varick for a walk. As expected, there were loose dogs that approached. Two of them. Neither seemed aggressive, but you can never be too sure. When dogs approach Harley, I'm usually not worried, because he is submissive and never pays any attention to them. It's Varick I'm worried about. He isn't very dog reactive, but I don't think he'd take too kindly to a loose dog approaching him. When he sees a loose dog/any dog, he may give a low growl or two and stares. He never barks or growls uncontrollably (or at all), and it's pretty easy to get his focus off the dogs. I usually just walk in the opposite direction and he is completely fine. Doesn't lunge or pull on the lead. I can get him focused on the walk quickly. It's just annoying that I have to watch every single house and street to make sure that a dog doesn't come running at us!

Harley
Black/Tan, neutered male
"American Pet Line"

Varick vom Haus Jeffery
Dark Sable, intact male
DDR/West German Show Line
HarleyTheGSD is offline   Reply With Quote