German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Issue with weight male puppy.. please help. (2 m old and 7 pounds)
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 11:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
mamatolaceynchief

Unhappy Issue with weight male puppy.. please help. (2 m old and 7 pounds)

A little background on my puppy... please don't judge..

I purchased my puppy from a lady at 6 weeks.. he was full of hookworms, and I had to take him to the emergency vet and at 6 weeks, he weighed 4 lbs.. I had to take him to the vet again yesterday because I noticed he had some weird bumps which turned out to be a skin infection. He weighed 6 lbs... Next week he will be 2 months and the first emergency vet I took him to told me he wanted him to be 14 lbs by next week... the vet I took him to yesterday told me that I am over feeding him and he is the right size... I am so confused on what I am doing.. I feel like he is SO small for his age... I have looked at the weight charts and I know not all dogs are the same but it says at 2 months he should be 19 lbs.. So since he's only gaining 1 1/2 lbs a week.. i'd say he will be 7 1/2 lbs at 2 months... this is so tiny... and not normal and why are 2 different vets telling me 2 things..

Last edited by MaggieRoseLee; 01-28-2014 at 11:04 AM.
mamatolaceynchief is offline   Reply With Quote