German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Is BARF not for my dog?
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 11:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
JJJ89

Default Is BARF not for my dog?

We started our puppy on raw a month ago. The first 2 weeks went great, day one a little runny stool but after that things firmed up and he was enjoying his new food. 2 1/2 weeks ago he got worms and started having really watery stool. Took him to the vet and got the worms taken care of but he hasn't had a solid poop since.

A little bit about his diet. The first week he got only chicken. 2 pounds a day, usually a pound of breast in the morning and something with a little bone for dinner or vise versa depending on what I grabbed. Second week started mixing in beef, steak, elk, and some liver and heart and his poop was still good. Since he had worms I have fed him rice, pumpkin, and yogurts in addition to the meat in order to try and firm up his stool and nothing works.

He has been to the vet 3 times in the past 2 weeks (after worms were gone) and Every time the vet says he is healthy and doing well. Jack is 11 months old and weighs 85 lbs with normal energy levels. This is my first dog and I have spent a lot of time researching trying to make sure I do the right thing but these last couple weeks have had me really worried about him. I would really prefer not to go back to kibble because he loves his food so much now but I can't think of anything else to do at this point.

Any suggestions?
JJJ89 is offline   Reply With Quote