German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Bad breeder
Thread: Bad breeder
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 08:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
ubctress

I figured it was a lost cause but I am not sure what actions I can if any to "report" her. To whom, I'm not sure. I have had people contact me who have puppies from her with similar health problems. If you look at my history you can probably figure out the breeder.
Health issues, my vet and I are trying to figure out. Several rounds of dewormer don't help. We've done a whole panel of stool tests. We are currently running a blood panel to rule out EPI. Her stool stinks to high heaven and periodically is like cow patties. Her diet is very strict and I'm mostly happy with her food.

She has pretty bad fear aggression. She has lunged at someone before (thankfully she was on a halter and didn't reach the woman). My kennel lady stated she bit a child with no injuries and the child didn't think anything of it, so I am guessing it was a nip though I question why a strange child was approaching my puppy.

I have since contacted a nearby breeder who has proper training. Our work schedules don't work very well over the next four weeks but she is willing and able to help me. She breeds GSD.

Sam was spayed today so I won't be breeding her.

I have made her training more strict - no rough housing, no talking back, and NILIF to the extreme! She is now good with other dogs but very unreliable with people no matter how much I socialize her. It worries me. I'll keep working on her though

She is just shy of 6 months and we have a great bond, as she also does with my parents and brother.

Last edited by ubctress; 01-24-2014 at 08:43 PM.
ubctress is offline   Reply With Quote