German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Puppy barely picks at food, need advice
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 03:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
madis

Default Puppy barely picks at food, need advice

Ok long story short:

Here's his feeding schedule:

1. Fromm puppy gold with organic chicken broth and a nuvet vitamin

2. Same minus vitamin

3. Raw turkey/beef

This was our breeder's exact schedule for him also, he is only 10 weeks old. We are keeping it up for the time being but therapy dogs can not be on raw diets...womp womp.

[I know the rules say the raw feeding can be continued up till two weeks before a therapy visit. We are lucky enough to have the support of a local nursing home, and some other local organizations for training purposes, so raw needs to be phased out for their sake. It sucks, but rules are rules and do not want to be dishonest to the organizations helping us out.]

The problem is, Alvin picks at his Fromm and devours his raw. We cut raw down to 5oz from 8oz but he still "holds out" for that last meal of the day. Can I skip feeding for a day or two to make him hungry enough to eat the kibble?

I've also noticed that he looks like he's not at girthy as he was a week ago and he has some dandruff in his coat. He's solid black so it shows up pretty bad.

Thanks for your help!

-Madi

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
― Will Rogers
madis is offline   Reply With Quote