German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Advice on adopting a sheltered GSD?? (moved to gen rescue)
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 01:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Castlemaid
The Administrator from the Great White North, eh?

Well, I think I would have eventually figured out this was you, LOL!

It's not your phone - it's the board. The software does not seem to be compatible with certain devices. I'm not sure when that issue is going to be addressed.

But back to adopting a GSD! I think you guys will make great owners! No reason a GSD can't be happy in a condo as long as they get plenty of exercise and stimulation, and it seems you have that covered.

My advice would be: Be patient! It might be a while before you find a good match, but that special GSD is out there for you guys if you are willing to wait.

Also, I don't know how many rescues there are in your area, but shop around until you find a rescue that you are comfortable with. Rescues will range from adopting anything out to anybody to being checked and judged and referenced to the nth degree. Some rescues will have very strict non-negotiable rules (like adopting ONLY to home-owners with a fenced-in yard), to more common sense organisations that look at each application on a case-by-case basis.

Good luck in your search!

Keeta BH, OB1, TR1, AD
Rottweiler/Hairy Dog mix?? Shelter rescue
Gryffon Vom Wildhaus BH
Castlemaid is offline   Reply With Quote