German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Advice on adopting a sheltered GSD?? (moved to gen rescue)
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 12:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
HadleyC8

Smile Advice on adopting a sheltered GSD?? (moved to gen rescue)

Hi! I am brand new to this site so I am so sorry if this is in the wrong place but we are looking for some help!
My boyfriend and I have been together for three years now and are looking to get our first dog together. We have actually both grown up with shepherds, my dad worked with them in law enforcement and his as family pets so we know a lot about the breed already. Even though we do have experience, we still would love any advice anyone can give us. We live in Colorado and are very active, outdoor students so running is a daily activity. My parents have acres where we can take our future dog to run on but we are looking to get a sheltered dog and we want to make sure that our dogs can interact. Can a sheltered dog be fine with playing with new dogs? We aren't getting a new puppy, we are looking for a dog around 10 months-3 years from a purebred rescue here in town. We do live in a condominium not a house so we have no yard. Anything that anyone can tell us about what to look for in order to get the best personality match possible would be amazing! Anything we should avoid besides the common health issues associated with GSD's? We are so excited for our little family to grow! Thanks guys!