German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Several concerns
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 12:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
enh811

Default Several concerns

Hello everyone,

I am new here. First Let me start off with this. My husband and I took in my family dog who is 9 (will be 10 in July). She is a black lab Mut. She has lived with my husband and I for over a year now. She has always been a layed back dog & extremely super sweet & over all a great dog. We decided to get Bella. We got Bella at 8 weeks. Bella is a pure bred German shepherd girl. She is now going on 16 weeks. So here are some concerns and issues. Please help with any advise or suggestions. I need all the help we can get.
Bella seems to really enjoy having bailey (our Mut) as a "sister". She hates when Bailey goes in her crate. She often gives her kisses & can be a real sweetie. However after we let bailey out of her cage (after getting Bella to go outside) Bella will chase bailey out into the living room and bark and snip at her. It seems to be a playful bark but it's hard to tell??? Bailey clearly is annoyed. I don't want Bella to become aggressive toward bailey or any other dogs.Bailey loves playing with Bella...but on baileys terms only.
Another issue I am having with our GSD is every now and again Bella will try snipping and biting at my hands. When I tell her "no" or "stop" she continues and starts barking... Like it's a game??? I just simply hide my hands from her and ignore her when she continues. I don't want this to be some game for her... I know she's a puppy and probably teething... But this needs to stop. My hands look like I have been attacked by a vicious animal.
Thanks for taking the time to read this novel and again... Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Ps: here is our crazy girl.

Several concerns-imageuploadedbypg-free1390452133.979117.jpg

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
enh811 is offline   Reply With Quote