German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Seeking advice for adopting a puppy
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 08:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Member

Either breed while your in school will be a handful. We had a border collie growing up and I've been around Shepherds all my life. Both shed a fair amount. I will say I think the border collie is a little easier.

I'm not trying to discourage you but maybe you should wait until your out of school. You could have either dog for upwards of 15 years. That is a lot of responsibility with your studies, job, relationships, etc. I'm not saying it can't be done. I did it but it wasn't perfect nor easy.

A GSD pup is a handful for sure. Both breeds are extremely intelligent and take a lot of care. Both breeds are wonderful and will make great companions. Both breeds need a job to do. Neither will like being alone or ignored for long periods.

This will be a tough road, just make sure your up for the challenge. You can't go wrong with either breed but I'm partial to GSDs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sp00ks is offline   Reply With Quote