German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Trixie Crate? Any experience?
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 06:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Shaina
Master Member

Default Trixie Crate? Any experience?

I just adopted another dog against my better judgement who I pulled out of a kill shelter through a rescue I work with.. he was on the euthanasia for being aggressive. That major issue aside, he is a good boy - except in his crate. He has busted out of two airline kennels and one wire. I am about to lose my mind with it as I am in an apartment and can't have him being destructive!

I'm trying to find a kennel he can't get out of that isn't going to cost me $600. I love the military aluminum crates but it seems to be overkill for a 45lb dog, and way out of my budget. I found this one online which seems to have some good reviews, and I spoke with a rep for the company who said that as long as he doesn't eat through the bars he should be good. Naturally, I'm skeptical. Does anybody have any experience with it?

Trixie Aluminum Transport Crate for Dogs - Aluminum Dog Crate and Dog Crates from petco.com

That's the crate in question. He's just managing to bend in the doors and pop them out in the airline/wire ones.

I have been doing training, and he is also on prozac (new prescription), pheromone collars, and I have given him xanax/ace (not at the same time) at times to try to mellow him out. He has stuffed bones and toys in the crate that he will chew on for a few minutes before throwing a fit again. Nothing seems to work with this boy.

The one on the left is the little bugger causing the mayhem.

I am also considering buying this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/42-Professio...item417bd28d1b

Last edited by Shaina; 01-21-2014 at 06:27 PM.
Shaina is offline   Reply With Quote