German Shepherds Forum banner

Does he have any chances to be a GSD?

3K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  ken k 
#1 ·
Here are some pics of my puppy:
http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/members/200202-thunder-bolt-albums13650-thunder.html

There is a lot i wanna ask but before that i wanna tell you that I was not able to see the pups parents. Will this look like a gsd puppy? Will he have erect ears and about what age will I'll be able to know if he's pure or not? Does any of you have had a puppy like this or any experience with friends please share it with me so i am not surprised when the puppy gets older.

#2 ·
He does not look pure GSD to me. His muzzle is too wide/fat. Likely Rott, Lab, or Shar Pei influence. Ears probably won't stand on their own- if you want them to I would start taping now. No way you can get them to stand after 4/5 mos if they aren't on their own.

#12 ·
Sorry, but in the pictures posted today, he looks even more like a Rottie mix. Were you told he was a GSD? Does he have registration papers saying he's a GSD?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.